Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Weekends

Today I had an egg and coffee breakfast. I read Good Housekeeping, a really good article on "Emotinal Eating". Then I read my giant cookbook of "1000 Low Fat, low sugar, low cholesterol, low salt recipes". Very good read.

Deric played soccer and I mowed the lawn. Only fitting because I skipped my workout yesterday. Checked on the garden: we have an on-going supply of cherry tomatoes. Our okra is being attacked by aphids, i think. The mystery plant turned out to be butternut squash ( i was secretly hoping for spaghetti squash). Also, our lawn has become the local bird hang-out. We turned on our soaker hose, and a few minutes later, we had about 50 birds hopping around the hose, presumably bathing, so cute.

Made salmon burgers for lunch, on the Foreman, pretty tasty! Not dry like I though they would be.

Shopped, found two cute dresses for Jen's wedding! yay, hunt is over.

Had sushi and udon noodles! yum! i love the gummy texture of udon noodles, how you can sink your teeth into them.

Researched France a little more: Here are the things I will eat in france so far:
1. Fois Gras
2. Escargot (snails)
3. Truffles
4. Cheese
5. Stinky cheese
6. Bleu cheese
7. pate
8. duck
9. cassoulet
10. french sausage
11. clafouti
12. Les frites
13. Le pain au chocolat
14. Les bon bons
15. Le gateau
16. beure (homemade)

Things I will not eat in France:
1. Blood Sausage

1 comment:

  1. hilarious!! seriously LOL, and I'm so happy you're blogging again.

    Oh, and there is much on your France list that I would NOT eat...but seriously, blood sausage is disgusting

    ReplyDelete