Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cherry-pitting, lemon juicing, processing FUN!

I have had the most fun this evening with my newest kitchen gadgets!!!

I recently brought a food processor, a device that I have been yearning for, but couldn't convince myself that I needed it.. but then I had to make Hummus, in bulk, and the recipe asked for the processor.. so of course I bought it. I bought one of the cheapest ones out there, a Hamilton Beach from Wal-mart.




So far I have made:
- A grotesque amount of hummus, after which I decided that the store-bought kind is better

-Pie Crust - my first pie ever!

- I sliced potatoes for scalloped potatoes, so easy!

- I grated Grueyere cheese for the potatoes, I will never hand-grate again!


I also bought a cherry pitter... a must! My father picked 200lbs of cherries this past weekend in Oregon, so I decided to make a pie. I attempted to pit exactly 2 cherries by hand. After a few nicks with the knife, I decided to spend the $13 and get one from Bed Bath & Beyond.


And finally, I bought a lemon juicer! I saw one at BB&B for $15, but then when I was at Wal-mart later, I found an almost identical one for $6, oh wallyworld, you rarely disappoint :)




2 comments:

  1. I just bought a cherry pitter as well! I had NO IDEA such a gadget even existed, but was enlightened by a co-worker. Very excited about my latest gadget, but have yet to use it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved ur blogs and wat information that u issued is really very usefull for us .. thanks
    Juicers

    ReplyDelete