Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Weddings, Weightloss and Willpower

My sister Jen's wedding was this weekend. The wedding was beautiful, there was little to no drama, and there was alot of food... which I ate alot of, and when I was done eating, I ate some more...

Today is my 2nd year anniversary. It's been a wonderful 2 years :) To celebrate, we are probably going to eat something special, then I will want dessert... to reward me for being married a whopping 2 years, yes, I should have more food...

Anniversaries remind me of where I am and where I have come from... My closet full of jeans also does the same thing! I have jeans that I fit into currently (4 pairs). I have jeans from a few months ago that are pretty snug when I first put them on, but after a few squats and exaggerated lunges, they fit perfectly! Then I have my pre-wedding jeans... the jeans stop at mid thigh...
the sad part is that I know my body has changed since I got married, but I didn't realize how much!!! I can't believe that I ever fit into those jeans!!
when I married, I vowed not to "let myself go".. and although I don't think I let go completely, I'm just a doughnut and french fry away from throwing all caution to the wind and filling my life with indulgences.

What I am lacking is will power and discipline. yes, I said it.
I LACK DISCIPLINE!
I have other names for it, I have a dozen self-diagnosed psychological problems that I can blame my problems on, but I think I have finally come to terms that I am terrible at sticking with things, and have an even harder time finishing things. which makes me hope and pray that doesn't apply to all aspects of my life, just food.

So, as a commemoration of my wedding anniversary, I'm going to try to be committed to a healthy lifestyle for one month. For one month, I am going to try to live a disciplined life. I plan on writing about it - mostly to vent (because it will be hard!) but also I believe that it could be therapeutic (says Dr. Lyg).

So my following month will look as such:
  • Exercise 5 days a week, no skipping for no reason! Even if it's just my 1 workout DVD!
  • Low-calorie, lower carb diet, not completely low-carb, just less than I am eating now
  • No scale hopping, no weighing myself or measuring body fat for 1 month
  • No negative thoughts, i do not attend the school of positive thinking, however, it is very hard to achieve a goal if you are constantly telling yourself you can't do it.
  • Limit adding fat to meals, some olive oil is good, but i need to eat more nuts and fish
  • Mix it up! try new gym locations and classes to change up my workout routine.
  • Watch less TV, less mindless entertainment = less mindless eating
  • Cook only recipes with nutrional values, most healthy recipes have these
  • PRAYER, to achieve the above, I cannot do it in my own strength.

1 comment:

  1. Once again, a blog posting I should not have read at work b/c I was laughing out loud! Congrats on the 2 years and GOOD LUCK on the next month of your torture (health committment.) I'm in the same boat, but am taking it ONE DAY AT A TIME; signing up for one month would be my downfall. I'll be praying for you, and I defintely encourage you to blog about your journey; besides the other reasons, it'll help keep you accountable to those of us who read the blog...

    ReplyDelete