Monday, March 28, 2011

Consignment Heaven!

It's no secret: I LOVE baby consignment sales.
My friend's sister introduced me to them when I was a few months pregnant.

My first experience was successful, and I was hooked from then.

I have no problem with used clothing/things. Most of my clothing growing up was hand-me-downs from my sisters, or donations from my mother's employers. I grew up shopping at thrift stores and Goodwill, and I still enjoy the hunt. It's like a treasure hunt... looking for that unique item that doesn't look used, and that is such a bargain... oh yeah I love the hunt!

Now at the baby sales, favorite things to buy are clothes and shoes. Especially play clothes... I refuse to pay full price for things that Luke will spit-up on and stain.. not doing it! 95% of his clothes are from consignment sales. The other 5% were gifts from friends and family, and I bought him a couple things that he needed right away.

I went to one last Thursday, and walked away with $150 worth of stuff.... ALOT of stuff... I basically have Luke outfitted until he's 3 years old (he's 8 mo. now)
Here are some examples of my favorite finds!

Two very cool onesies: $3.00

1 Very cool, modern hippo toddler bed-set from IKEA: $5.00
(included 1 pillow, 1 pillowcase, 1 fitted sheet, and 1 duvet cover! awesome! can't wait to use it!


  1. oh, i so wish i could've consignment shopped with you!! and i don't even have baby clothes to buy. but like you, it's all the about the hunt and finding that 'treasure.' can't wait to consignment shop next time i'mm in dallas!

  2. I love Just Between Friends! I found them a couple years ago and I try to go to every sale. I have a little harder time with Emery because he is such a big boy. I have to buy him expensive shoes because his feet are so wide I can't even get the cheap ones on him. And he is wearing husky pants now, so usually I just buy shirts. But I've also found some really great toys at those sales. Toy cars are a great thing to buy there. They don't care if they are a little beat up as long as they have wheels :)