Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Consignment Heaven!

It's no secret: I LOVE baby consignment sales.
My friend's sister introduced me to them when I was a few months pregnant.

My first experience was successful, and I was hooked from then.

I have no problem with used clothing/things. Most of my clothing growing up was hand-me-downs from my sisters, or donations from my mother's employers. I grew up shopping at thrift stores and Goodwill, and I still enjoy the hunt. It's like a treasure hunt... looking for that unique item that doesn't look used, and that is such a bargain... oh yeah I love the hunt!

Now at the baby sales, favorite things to buy are clothes and shoes. Especially play clothes... I refuse to pay full price for things that Luke will spit-up on and stain.. not doing it! 95% of his clothes are from consignment sales. The other 5% were gifts from friends and family, and I bought him a couple things that he needed right away.

I went to one last Thursday, and walked away with $150 worth of stuff.... ALOT of stuff... I basically have Luke outfitted until he's 3 years old (he's 8 mo. now)
Here are some examples of my favorite finds!

Two very cool onesies: $3.00



1 Very cool, modern hippo toddler bed-set from IKEA: $5.00
(included 1 pillow, 1 pillowcase, 1 fitted sheet, and 1 duvet cover! awesome! can't wait to use it!

2 comments:

  1. oh, i so wish i could've consignment shopped with you!! and i don't even have baby clothes to buy. but like you, it's all the about the hunt and finding that 'treasure.' can't wait to consignment shop next time i'mm in dallas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Just Between Friends! I found them a couple years ago and I try to go to every sale. I have a little harder time with Emery because he is such a big boy. I have to buy him expensive shoes because his feet are so wide I can't even get the cheap ones on him. And he is wearing husky pants now, so usually I just buy shirts. But I've also found some really great toys at those sales. Toy cars are a great thing to buy there. They don't care if they are a little beat up as long as they have wheels :)

    ReplyDelete