Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Soy-Ginger Shrimp Salad

About a month ago, we had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Not one of our typical dining spots, but I had one of the best salads EVER there! It was a seared Ahi tuna salad over greens and an awesome soy-based dressing.

Well, I think I have come close to recreating the dressing. Haven't tried searing tuna yet, but that's on the calendar for this weekend!

It started with the dressing recipe I found online. It was the first recipe I looked at, what luck! :Soy-Ginger Vinegarette

Since I didn't have tuna on hand, I used some frozen, peeled, deveined frozen shrimp. I thawed them out and marinated them in some of the dressing for 45min.
Meanwhile, I chopped up some red bell pepper, shelled some edemame, and shredded a couple of carrots. I piled those on some mixed greens.
Then, I used some spray oil, and cooked the shrimp for a few minutes on each side. The splatters are from the marinade, which has oil in it, so you probably don't even need to spray your non-stick pan.
Add shrimp to greens, drizzle dressing, enjoy! Soooooooo goood!


I also found some chinese sweet buns in the freezer (I am in the process of cleaning out the freezer because we are moving at the end of the month)
... so i steamed the buns for 15 min, and they were awesome. It almost looks like an egg! The outside is the lightest, pillowy rice dough, and the filling is a sweet egg custard. oh yeah!




No comments:

Post a Comment