I LOVE Thai food! I think I was born with a Thai stomach.. or at least taste buds..
Nonetheless, I can't afford to eat out whenever I get a hankerin' for my fav stuff...
So when I was at the market last week, I found these pre-made sauces. They are 100% vegetarian, vegan goodness. So easy, just cook your veggies or protein and add the sauce, simmer and enjoy!
So here's what I did:
Tofu, Mushroom & Bell Pepper Satay
- 1 Bell Pepper
- Small pack sliced mushrooms
- 1 pack Extra-Firm Tofu
- 1 Pouch Tasty Bite "Satay Partay"
- 1 tsp. Soy Sauce (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch (optional)
Saute mushrooms and peppers in some olive oil for 5 min. Follow instructions on pack. Add sauce and water (I added more water than instructed). Simmer with top on for 8-10 minutes. Enjoy!
* I tasted it at this point and thought it was too sweet ... that's when i added the cornstarch dissolved in the soy sauce.... this also thickened the sauce.*
*You can use your favorite vegetables and protein, so the possibilities are endless! I was just trying to clean out my fridge*
I served it over Quinoa (did you know this has as much protein as an egg? 6g/serving baby!) and steamed green beans... Healthy, yummy, cheap!
Next I"m trying one of their Indian sauces... mmmm... with some Naan maybe... and spicy sauteed okra.. mmmm......