Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

All things Baby

I can't believe my due date is only 4 weeks away!!! Yikes.

I've had 2 baby showers, and they were so above-and-beyond what I expected! My co-workers threw me an awesome shower and collectively bought be the awesomeest, coolest baby high-chair ever! (could i be more excited?!!)
Then my friend Crystal hosted a shower at her house, and it was awesome! The food and decor were out-of-this-world! I had blackberry mustard for the first time, yum! And we recieved a pile of the cutest most adorable gifts :) thanks guys! I will post pictures as soon as I compile them.

This weekend I have so much to do! Luckily, I have what I can only describe as God-given energy and I feel ready to take on the world! Hopefully, I can finish a few of my remaining projects this weekend:
-Sewing baby bumper, crib skirt and quilt
-Hanging shelves in nursery and arranging books (awww, i got some cute books :)
-Wash all baby clothes and hang or put away
-Pack hospital bag
-Buy remaining baby things
and probably more things that i can't remember at this minute...

oh yeah, erica keeps telling me to take some cute maternity pics.... and i was going to... i even considered paying a professional to take them. Then I googled maternity pics to see if I could get some ideas...hmmm... yeah, the majority of them were of mostly naked pregnant women, sometimes with a naked spouse/partner in the pic too.. hmmm... I think I'll pass! Not that those women didn't look beautiful or sexy, but you normally wouldn't post mostly naked pictures of yourself if you weren't pregnant, so I don't see why having a baby makes it okay.... it's still a really intimate picture.. that's just my rant/rave about all this.

I might take some pics in the backyard (fully clothed!) and Deric will have to be the unpaid photographer :) baby belly will definitely be in the pics, we'll see if my face makes the cut... i just do not pose well for a pic.. says alot about my maturity level :)

In other domestic news... the garden is in full swing! We had our first harvest of okra and tomatoes... This year I decided to grow 2 types of okra, the regualar green and then a beautiful scarlet variety. I also planted 3 heirloom tomato plants and 1 regular red plant. The pic below shows the black prince tomato (more of a brown, maroon) and a yellow-heirloom variety.. and isn't that scarlet okra pretty??? once i get a full crop, i'll post some of my fave okra and tomato recipes. The only other thing we have growing is a yellow watermelon, but that won't be ready to eat until late August, i think.

2 comments:

  1. maybe it's all the talk about sewing... but at first glance i thought the bowl of fruit/ veg was sewn by you. it looks like the tomatoes and green okra have seams. plus, i could see you doing something like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe you already have tomoatoes!!! i haven't even planted ours yet and they don't normally come in until the late summer/early fall. must be texas! :)

    oh, and i LOVE the new blog layout...where did you get it? my blog is in desperate need of a style re-vamp!

    ReplyDelete