Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday!

Ugh! It's been a loooong week, but it'll be over in about 10 hours. Today my skin is a lovely shade of Maine crab Red. All for the sake of vanity! I haven't been to a tanning bad since last July and thought that I could just slide right into the super-duper-tan-in-10-minutes bed and have no problems going the entire 10mintues.... wrong! The worst part is that I hate my tanning salon. I hated it the first time I walked into it and the walls were royal blue, there was european techno blaring thoughout the place, and the only employee there called me sweetie, or honey or something inappropriate like that. then he proceeded to take me on a 20 minute tour of his place and explained to me why the UVA and UVB rays that his beds emit are soooooo much safer than the ones that the actual sun emits.... yup, I should've run and never looked back.

But being the logical, responsible and reasonable person I am, instead of running, I signed a 1-year contract with them! Yup, apparently my alter ego, the vain one, needed a tan for her sister trip to Vegas and could not fathom going to Vegas with her current pasty-white skin. oh, and this was the only tanning salon close enough to work to make it possible to tan during my lunch hour.

Which I did yesterday... so everytime my bra straps scrape my sensitive shoulder, the pain will remind me that yes, I am willing to pay dearly - physically and monetarily for that ultimate shade of bronze. (which I hope this red will eventually turn into)

4 comments:

  1. I am SO SO SO SO excited that you started a blog!!!! And of course, so appropriately named! Also, i totally cracked up reading your entry about the tanning bed. Welcome to the world of blogging...it's fun here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are you going to Vegas?

    Yay for blogging. I feel like I started this lil trend in our family. But it's a good thing. And I'll try not to take all the credit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola! Ditto on the blogging excitement! Naomi can take credit for getting me started again bc I had like 9 entries in 6 months before I started again! Lyg, no tanning beds!! Use some powder bronzer on your face... that's a nice, healthy glow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so funny. I will definitely enjoy reading your blog so don't let me down!
    See you tomorrow morning!!

    ReplyDelete