Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Catching Up

Well, it's been 2 weeks since Naomi and Florin's wedding, but I am still looking at their wonderful wedding pictures! Their photographers, Anna & Paul, were amazing! Not only were they wonderful to work with, but they also do amazing work and really captured the feeling of their wedding. They have by far done the best wedding photos that I have seen! So, if anyone is getting married in the Chicago area, they are the ones to hire!



The slideshow of their wedding pics can be seen here . If you want to see more samples of their work, you can visit her website at: http://www.annaguziak.com/ . Naomi & Florin's pics were also published on http://vintageglamblog.com/ which is a cool wedding blog to browse.



My sisters and I also had a great time working on the flowers for the wedding. Thanks for trusting us with that Nomers! I had a blast doing the main altar bouquets... it really made me question why I am still working in ultrasound!!!!! Flower arranging is one of the few things that I feel I could do forever and still not have it feel like real work... Especially if the bride gives you a starting point, but then lets you have some creative freedom, thanks Nomers! She really had a clear vision in mind and bought beautiful flowers online.




I had never worked with amaryllis before, but they turned out beautiful, especially her bridal bouquet. It was a simple bouquet of white amaryllis and white freesia. We just wrapped it in floral tape. Then it was covered in an olive satin and the final layer was some leftover lace from her wedding dress... so pretty! She also bought a beautiful pin that we added to the front of the bouquet... original, simple, stunning.











All the girls, sisters, family friends (by that I mean Nancy) and cousins worked on all the table centerpieces. So cute! I'm so glad Naomi picked lemons to be in the arrangements, they looked so fresh (even though plastic) and really warmed up the area.






Our cousins Monica and Alina also decided to finish Naomi's aisle runner. Nomers made sewn her own aisle runner to match the color-scheme (olive green, yellow & gold). She also wanted to paint a monogram on the end of it in gold paint, but gave up on the idea due to lack of time. Luckily, our awesome cousins saw the template of the monogram laying there, and they took it upon themselves to finish it... All I know is that it involved breaking a window, duct tape, strategic lighting and about 6 people! But they got it done and Naomi was so happy with the finished result!




Jen and Otilia made most of the boutonierres and corsages, and they looked cute! Thanks for all the hard work guys!



Jen and I also had to scramble last minute to put flowers on the cake. We left the ceremony as soon as it was over, missing the family pics... oh well. There were already guests there and the cake was just as white and unadorned as could be. Jen found some ribbon, I barked orders to Deric to find me some sicssors (he loved that! sorry babe!) and somehow we finished it before most of the guests arrived. Thanks for keeping calm boys (Deric & Brandon) because I was a mess! I was babbling non-stop and emotional and erratic trying to make sure all the details were taken care of.... thank goodness Deric is more even-tempered!


The night ended well, especially when Reid master-minded the idea to add some romance to the newly-married couples' honeymoon suite that night. We sat with Tab & Reid and Jenn & Brandon and we all brainstormed some things that we could do to make their ummmm special night a little more special.... and I think we were successful! 'nough said :)


Now we plan for Jenn & Brandon's wedding!!! Can't wait! More flowers!

1 comment:

  1. ok, this totally convinced me that we can run a wedding chapel in my back yard. All we need is a little landscaping around the edge.

    ReplyDelete