Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Mondays

yup, I have the mondays, see, yes it's tuesday, but I have mondays off and tuesdays are my first days back to work...
is it normal to have intense dread when I think about work? what does that mean exactly?
I'm probably not the only one out there feeling this way, but I'm having to drag myself out of bed every morning.
I should probably start working out in the mornings again... made me a much happier person... there's something to be said about endorphins..

big day yesterday, had the hardwood floors in the hallway redone... and I learned something,
floor lacquer is not a smell you can get used to.
We had to hop the hallway to our bedroom, close the door, put a towel under the door, close the AC vent off, open the windows and put on the ceiling fan... ugh! I hate circulating air around my head.. i'm sure it's because my parents brainwashed us at an early age that we would surely "catch a draft", and for as long as I can remember, i've been sleeping like ostrich, head buried under the sheets with just a little air pocket for breathing...
so, needless to say, did not sleep well last night... every time the wind blew our blinds against the window, I was certain the neighborhood hoodlums were coming to rob us of our magnificent 27" LCD TV and brand-new food processor!
Tonight, we get the second coat of lacquer... yay...

3 comments:

  1. Oh I understand. I dread waking up every day. I think if maybe I didn't have to be in at 7 and work till 5 I might not be so bitter about it. Getting paid for 8 hrs of work when I am there 10 is not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, you are not the only one that feels dread each morning, but that's another topic for another day! for me, it's evidence that I'm definitely not fulfilling my purpose in life, but I do beleive that I am where God wants me...at least for the time being until I have the time to find something more fulfilling.

    hang in there!

    ReplyDelete