Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Crafting Fun!

Baby Shower Fun!

My friend, Marcie, is having a baby soon, a baby girl, Isabel.

We threw her a shower this past Saturday, and I had a blast putting some things together for the event.

Of course I offered to do the floral arrangements and cupcakes :) Two of my favorite things to do, arrange flowers and bake.

The colors were pink, blue, and green.
I used willow balls and just tucked in some flowers for easy, but elegant arrangements.



















I also made some burp cloths for her baby girl. As a new mom, I have learned that one can never have enough burp cloths!

The fabric options for girls are so much cuter than what they have for boys! I had a blast making these! Let me know if you'd like some! I have alot of leftover fabric :) (my favorite is the argyle pattern :)























And then there were the cupcakes!
The grand idea was to make everything from scratch; cake batter, frosting, and decor.
Well, 2 out of 3 is not bad. The cake batter was a disaster. I think i overfilled the cups and the all ended up touching each other, and the tops were sunken in. So I had to resort to a box of Duncan Hines, hey! it was an emergency.
However, the fondant was made from scratch, and the frosting too! The best homemade frosting I have come across to date! YUM!!!
Here is the final product! I still need alot of practice with my frosting piping and my fondant was a little cracked... but I had so much fun doing it! and i plan on doing some more! Anyone need a free wedding cake??!!! I'm feeling up to a challenge ;-)












6 comments:

  1. I am amazed that you find time to do all this stuff with a new baby! I think I lived in a daze for the first year at least :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Lyg, you are super talented!! Just when I think I may have snagged just a little of the creative genes in our family, you blow me away with your flower arranging, burp-cloth making, cupcake baking little self! I love seeing all your different creations, and I may just put you to work when you come at Thanksgiving. :) Sure wish I had a reason to have you make me some burp cloths!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sister, as soon as you have that "reason", I will be sewing like mad! That child will have the best burp cloths in town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have no doubt! between you and nomers, my child will be the best burp-clothed and onesie-d child on the planet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lygia, the shower was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I put one of the burp cloths in my hospital bag so that we will be stylish bringing her home :)
    And those cupcakes were absolutely sinful! The frosting was AMAZING! (and I didn't think Dunkin Hines did so bad, haha. I could have eaten them all!)
    Thank you for all your hard work! You are so special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are special Lyg! And Amazing! I love how creative you are the burp cloths are gorgeous and you're so good with the flowers. I will for ever be thankful for all you did at my wedding especially since you had to make me a whole new bouquet right before the ceremony. Do you remember that? It was only 11 years ago this December 4th.... ;)
    So excited for the day Tab will tell us she's preggers. ;)
    PS. It's ridiculous how many more options there are for girls than boys in everything, but that's probably good because I have a hard time with how much I like to shop for Seth. It would be that much harder with a girl. ;)

    ReplyDelete