Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Oh crafty day!

Yet another perk of being a stay-at-home mom... I have time to craft... well, kinda. These two crafts took almost 3 weeks to complete. I can only sew while Luke is awake (my machine is so loud!) So between feeding, changing, playing with luke, housework, excercising, cooking... I have time for a few crafts!

I was inspired to try making baby shoes after I saw all the cute ones selling for $15 + on Etsy. So I found a simple pattern online, and here's what I came up with! Simplistic, but cute. and the ideas for the next ones are rolling! can't wait to start on the 2nd pair!

I wanted them to be kinda "fancy" moccasins, so I used a men's suiting material, and ultrasuede for the soles.

The cutest shoe model ever!!!

I also made a burp cloth (1st of many to come). I recieved some great burp cloths for my baby shower, but I would never pay that money for somthing my baby pukes on. So I bought some cute animal fabric from Joann's, along with some plain terry-cloth. Cut out some rectangles, roll over the seams, sew - and voila! Fancy burp cloth!










3 comments:

  1. Wow! Great job! I am totally impressed! I have a really awesome book called Sweet Booties (I think) with TONS of simple patterns for baby accessories. I'll have to show it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word, you are so stinking crafty, I'm jealous!!! it just means you'll make me all sorts of cute baby stuff when my time comes around, right? :) love, love love the moccasins!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your craftiness. I need to do that for Seth, Chris has pretty much forbidden me to buy shoes for Seth but never said anything about making shoes. ;)
    I love your blog I've been reading through it and enjoying every one.

    ReplyDelete